- Refactored settings
- Added pagination to My Data view
- BDD tests using behave and phantomjs
- Added download MD5 checksum buttons to Dataset View
- Add autocaching task that allows data from a StorageBox to be cached to another StorageBox
- Re-wrote user documentation and switched to hosting docs on RTD
- Switched to using NPM to manage JS deps.
- Facility and instrument are now visible on Experiment and dataset views - thanks @avrljk
- Added setting that allows datasets ordered by id on the Experiment page.
- Added setting to make sha512 checksums optional.
3.7 - 17 March 2016¶
- DataFile size is now a BigInteger field
- New settings for customisations, contextual view overrides (eg INDEX_VIEWS).
- A new AbstractTardisAppConfig class that all new tardis apps should subclass
- Third-party tardis app dependency checking
- Removed database index from Parameter.string_value to allow longer strings in Postgres. Migrations add a Postgres partial index for string_values shorter than 256 characters.
- Changed constraints on the instrument model; facility and instrument name are now unique together
- changed method tasks to task functions, pre-empting the removal of methods tasks in new celery versions
- RESTful API now supports ordering, e.g. &order_by=-title, for Experiments, Datasets and DataFiles.
- Allowed groups to be ‘owners’ of an Experiment. Enforce rule in views for web UI requiring every Experiment to have at least one user owner.
- Registration support updated for latest django-registration-redux package
- Speed-ups for dataset view page loading for datasets with large numbers of images. The carousel is now limited to a maximum of 100 preview images.
- Reorganised and updated documentation
3.6 - 16 March 2015¶
- removed legacy operations files (foreman, apache, uwsgi, etc)
- moved CI from Travis CI to Semaphore app
- removed buildout build system and setup.py dependency management
- build instructions in build.sh, using requirements.txt for dependencies now
- gunicorn instead of uwsgi
- updated Django to version 1.6.10
- removed migrations app
versionflag, for upcoming support of these features.
- verifying files does not have side-effects anymore
ExperimentAuthorcan now have an email and or a URL
StorageBox, based on the Django File API
- API v1 got some additions, largely or fully backwards-compatible
- a publication workflow app, guided publication of data
- download data via SFTP using a built-in SFTP server
- removed most traces of METS
- AAF authentication support
- parameters that can store a generic foreign key (link to any database object)
- new models
- basic support for SquashFS archives as
StorageBox. Probably requires installation-specific code such as what is used at the Australian Synchrotron.
- error pages are no normal-sized
- new view “Facility Overview”, for facility administrators to have overview over data.
- “MyData” includes owned and shared data
- safely allowing HTML in descriptions now. Achieved by “bleaching” of tags
- stats page faster through DB-server-side aggregation
- layout improvements
- pep8 and pylint improvements
- bug fixes
3.5 - 26 August 2013¶
- REST API
- REST API keys
- Authorisation now supports object-level permissions
- Front page overview
- Contextual views for Datafiles, Datasets and Experiments
- Backwards incompatible database changes
- Replica multi file location support
- Migration of replicas
- Streaming downloads
- Django 1.5
- REDIS option for celery queue
- auto-verify files
- provisional directory support
- Pylint testing on Travis CI
- Some error pages are now functional
- optionally upload comfortably with Filepicker.io
- Experiment view page load speedup
- Removed ancient XML ingest format.
3.0 - unreleased¶
- Twitter Bootstrap
- backbone.js rendering of datasets
- UI for transferring datasets
- bpython shell
- celery queue
2.0 - Unreleased¶
Auth/Auth redesign [Gerson, Uli, Russel]
Authorisation. Support for several pluggable authorisation plugins (Django internal, LDAP, VBL). The added AuthService middleware provides a mechanism to query all available auth modules to determine what group memberships a users has.
Alternative authorisation. Rule based experiment access control engine was implemented with the following access attributes for indivdual users and groups: canRead, canWrite, canDelete, isOwner. Additionally, a time stamp can be specified for each access rule.
Further information can be found at the wiki: Authorisation Engine design
Metadata Editing [Steve, Grischa]
New METS parser & METS exporter [Gerson]
Dist/Buildout infrastructure [Russell]
Through the web creation and editing of experiments [Steve, Russell]
Through the web upload of files [Steve]
Download protocol handler [Russel, Uli]
Logging framework [Uli]
1.07 - 01/06/2010¶
- Publish to tardis.edu.au interface created, though not implemented, pending legal text
1.06 - 15/03/2010¶
- Parameter import interface for creation of new parameter/schema definitions
- iPhone Interface
1.05 - 01/03/2010¶
- Images as parameters supported
- Data / metadata transfer from synchrotron is now ‘threaded’ using asynchronous web service transfers.
1.0 - 01/02/2010¶
- MyTardis created from existin MyTardis python / django codebase
- Allows private data to be stored
- Open key/value parameter model, replacing current crystallography one
- Internal data store for data
- LDAP Login
- Pagination of files
- Creation of synchrotron-tardis from MyTardis codebase including specific code for the VBL login service and data transfer to MyTardis deployments.
- Web server changed to apache and mod_wsgi
0.5 - 2009¶
- Re-wrote federated index (python / django)
- Federated stores are now simple web server based with optional FTP access
- Runs on Jython / Tomcat
0.1 - 2007¶
- Federated index (php) running on Apache HTTP Server
- Crystallography data deposition and packaging tools for Fedora Commons (java swing desktop)
- Search Interface via web