- Bootstrap upgraded to v3.4.0
- Celery upgraded to v4.2.1
- RabbitMQ task priorities support, dropping support for Redis
- Storage box related tasks are annotated with the storage box name, visible in “celery inspect active”.
- New Travis CI webhook to run Pylint and unit tests with Python 3
- New task for clearing Django sessions
- New timestamps (created and modified) in facility and instrument models
- Fixed truncated TAR download issue with unverified files
- Fixed sharing with AAF/Google issue
- Fixed some broken Font Awesome icons
- Made autocache task more efficient.
- Some dependency updates:
- Update amqp from 2.3.2 to 2.4.1
- Update billiard from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11
- Update Boostrap from 2.3.2 to 3.4.0
- Update bleach from 2.1.4 to 3.1.0
- Update celery from 3.1.26.post2 to 4.2.1
- Update coverage from 4.5.1 to 4.5.2
- Update django from 1.11.16 to 1.11.20
- Update django-extensions from 1.8.1 to 2.5
- Update flexmock from 0.10.2 to 0.10.3
- Update gevent from 1.3.6 to 1.4.0
- Update gunicorn from 19.7.1 to 19.9.0
- Update kombu from 4.2.1 to 4.3.0
- Update lxml from 4.2.5 to 4.3.1
- Update mysqlclient from 1.3.13 to 1.4.2
- Update pillow from 5.2.0 to 5.4.1
- Update psycopg2-binary from 2.7.5 to 2.7.7
- Update pyjwt from 1.6.4 to 1.7.1
- Update pylint from 1.9.3 to 1.9.4
- Update python-dateutil from 2.7.5 to 2.8.0
- Update python-ldap from 2.4.27 to 3.1.0
- Update pytz from 2018.5 to 2018.9
- Update requests from 2.19.1 to 2.21.0
- Update selenium from 3.14.1 to 3.141.0
- Update six from 1.11.0 to 1.12.0
- Update social-auth-app-django from 3.0.0 to 3.1.0
- Update sphinx from 1.8.1 to 1.8.4
- Update sphinx-rtd-theme from 0.4.1 to 0.4.3
- Update urllib3 from 1.23 to 1.24.1
- Update wand from 0.4.4 to 0.5.0
- Django 1.11
- jQuery 3.3.1
- Improved test coverage
- Continuous Integration tests run against Ubuntu 18.04 (MyTardis v3.x used 14.04)
- ChromeDriver is used for BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) tests
- Social Auth, including AAF and Google Auth via OpenID Connect
- Migrating user accounts from LDAP or localdb to OpenID Connect
- Customizable user menu
- Using message.level_tag instead of message.tags in portal_template, so that extra tags can be added to Django messages without interfering with the Bootstrap alert class.
- My Data page (which previously contained Owned and Shared experiments) has been split into two pages - “My Data” and “Shared” - Each page loads thumbnails asynchronously for faster initial page load time - An improved pagination widget allows for a very large number of pages.
- Index page’s thumbnails are loaded asynchronously for faster initial page load time.
- Login page can be replaced with a site-specific page
- SFTP can now be used with keys instead of passwords
- Upgraded Bootstrap from 2.0.4 to 2.3.2 (further upgrades coming soon)
- Fixed some bugs in single search
- jQuery code is being moved out of HTML templates and into JS files which can be linted (with ESLint) and tested (with QUnit).
- Removed old broken code and unnecessary code which is duplicated in other repositories.
- Import via staging with jsTree
- Updated or removed (as appropriate) some out-of-date JS dependencies bundled within the MyTardis repository
- Most JS dependences are installed by npm now, so we can run security checks with npm audit
- manage.py can now be used instead of mytardis.py and mytardis.py will soon be deprecated
- New support email setting can be used in email templates or HTML templates.
- Updating loadschemas management command for Django 1.11 and adding test for it
- Updated the dumpschemas management command for Django 1.11 and added a test for it
- Bug fixes (GitHub Issue numbers below)
- Fixed #243. Bug in tardis_acls.change_experiment permissions check Fixed #516 - only show “Add files” button if user has permission to upload files Fixed #636 Fixed #637 - “()” is added to “Author” line every time an experiment is edited Fixed #779 Fixed #868 Fixed #893 Fixed #988 Fixed #1083 Fixed #1185
- Added docs on X-Forwarded-Proto HTTP header for HTTPS deployments
- Added docs on configuring services in systemd or supervisor
- Removed password length restriction in linked user authentication form
- Removed settings_changeme - use default_settings instead
- Removed backslash from set of characters used to generate secret key.
- Removed django-celery - it is no longer necessary to run Celery via Django
- Improved forwards compatibility with Python 3, but we’re not fully Python 3 compatible yet.
- Switched to PEP 328 relative imports
- Tests no longer require the unmaintained “compare” module
- Added a default value for DATA_UPLOAD_MAX_MEMORY_SIZE (required by Django 1.10+) to default settings
- Removed some unused dependencies, e.g. PyYAML
- Removed the createmysuperuser which is no longer needed
- Removed the checkhashes management command
- Removed the diffraction image filter
- Removed the backupdb management command
- Removed the old publication form - a new publication workflow is coming soon.
- Added deprecation warnings for functionality which will be removed in 4.0
- Added INTERNAL_IPS to default settings for template debugging on localhost
- Disabled the old publication forms app in default settings, and ensured that MyTardis didn’t attempt to access its static content when disabled
- Removed apps code from ExperimentView’s get_context_data which assumed that each app would provide a views module with an index
- Fixed a bug where creating a group which already existed gave a 500 error
- Fixed a bug where non-ASCII characters in experiment names could break SFTP
- Made dataset thumbnails optional - disabling them can improve page load times
- Fixed a bug which had made it difficult to delete a DataFileObject without a URI from the Django shell
- Fixed a bug which made search indexing fail when there were users with non-ASCII characters in their first or last name
- Fix regression in Push To app
- Refactored settings
- Added pagination to My Data view
- BDD tests using behave and phantomjs
- Added download MD5 checksum buttons to Dataset View
- Add autocaching task that allows data from a StorageBox to be cached to another StorageBox
- Re-wrote user documentation and switched to hosting docs on RTD
- Switched to using NPM to manage JS deps.
- Facility and instrument are now visible on Experiment and dataset views - thanks @avrljk
- Added setting that allows datasets ordered by id on the Experiment page.
- Added setting to make sha512 checksums optional.
3.7 - 17 March 2016¶
- DataFile size is now a BigInteger field
- New settings for customisations, contextual view overrides (eg INDEX_VIEWS).
- A new AbstractTardisAppConfig class that all new tardis apps should subclass
- Third-party tardis app dependency checking
- Removed database index from Parameter.string_value to allow longer strings in Postgres. Migrations add a Postgres partial index for string_values shorter than 256 characters.
- Changed constraints on the instrument model; facility and instrument name are now unique together
- changed method tasks to task functions, pre-empting the removal of methods tasks in new celery versions
- RESTful API now supports ordering, e.g. &order_by=-title, for Experiments, Datasets and DataFiles.
- Allowed groups to be ‘owners’ of an Experiment. Enforce rule in views for web UI requiring every Experiment to have at least one user owner.
- Registration support updated for latest django-registration-redux package
- Speed-ups for dataset view page loading for datasets with large numbers of images. The carousel is now limited to a maximum of 100 preview images.
- Reorganised and updated documentation
3.6 - 16 March 2015¶
- removed legacy operations files (foreman, apache, uwsgi, etc)
- moved CI from Travis CI to Semaphore app
- removed buildout build system and setup.py dependency management
- build instructions in build.sh, using requirements.txt for dependencies now
- gunicorn instead of uwsgi
- updated Django to version 1.6.10
- removed migrations app
versionflag, for upcoming support of these features.
- verifying files does not have side-effects anymore
ExperimentAuthorcan now have an email and or a URL
StorageBox, based on the Django File API
- API v1 got some additions, largely or fully backwards-compatible
- a publication workflow app, guided publication of data
- download data via SFTP using a built-in SFTP server
- removed most traces of METS
- AAF authentication support
- parameters that can store a generic foreign key (link to any database object)
- new models
- basic support for SquashFS archives as
StorageBox. Probably requires installation-specific code such as what is used at the Australian Synchrotron.
- error pages are no normal-sized
- new view “Facility Overview”, for facility administrators to have overview over data.
- “MyData” includes owned and shared data
- safely allowing HTML in descriptions now. Achieved by “bleaching” of tags
- stats page faster through DB-server-side aggregation
- layout improvements
- pep8 and pylint improvements
- bug fixes
3.5 - 26 August 2013¶
- REST API
- REST API keys
- Authorisation now supports object-level permissions
- Front page overview
- Contextual views for Datafiles, Datasets and Experiments
- Backwards incompatible database changes
- Replica multi file location support
- Migration of replicas
- Streaming downloads
- Django 1.5
- REDIS option for celery queue
- auto-verify files
- provisional directory support
- Pylint testing on Travis CI
- Some error pages are now functional
- optionally upload comfortably with Filepicker.io
- Experiment view page load speedup
- Removed ancient XML ingest format.
3.0 - unreleased¶
- Twitter Bootstrap
- backbone.js rendering of datasets
- UI for transferring datasets
- bpython shell
- celery queue
2.0 - Unreleased¶
Auth/Auth redesign [Gerson, Uli, Russel]
Authorisation. Support for several pluggable authorisation plugins (Django internal, LDAP, VBL). The added AuthService middleware provides a mechanism to query all available auth modules to determine what group memberships a users has.
Alternative authorisation. Rule based experiment access control engine was implemented with the following access attributes for indivdual users and groups: canRead, canWrite, canDelete, isOwner. Additionally, a time stamp can be specified for each access rule.
Further information can be found at the wiki: Authorisation Engine design
Metadata Editing [Steve, Grischa]
New METS parser & METS exporter [Gerson]
Dist/Buildout infrastructure [Russell]
Through the web creation and editing of experiments [Steve, Russell]
Through the web upload of files [Steve]
Download protocol handler [Russel, Uli]
Logging framework [Uli]
1.07 - 01/06/2010¶
- Publish to tardis.edu.au interface created, though not implemented, pending legal text
1.06 - 15/03/2010¶
- Parameter import interface for creation of new parameter/schema definitions
- iPhone Interface
1.05 - 01/03/2010¶
- Images as parameters supported
- Data / metadata transfer from synchrotron is now ‘threaded’ using asynchronous web service transfers.
1.0 - 01/02/2010¶
- MyTardis created from existin MyTardis python / django codebase
- Allows private data to be stored
- Open key/value parameter model, replacing current crystallography one
- Internal data store for data
- LDAP Login
- Pagination of files
- Creation of synchrotron-tardis from MyTardis codebase including specific code for the VBL login service and data transfer to MyTardis deployments.
- Web server changed to apache and mod_wsgi
0.5 - 2009¶
- Re-wrote federated index (python / django)
- Federated stores are now simple web server based with optional FTP access
- Runs on Jython / Tomcat
0.1 - 2007¶
- Federated index (php) running on Apache HTTP Server
- Crystallography data deposition and packaging tools for Fedora Commons (java swing desktop)
- Search Interface via web